MacOS Ventura 13.4 Update Available to Download & Install
Apple has released MacOS Ventura 13.4 for all Mac users running the Ventura operating system.
The software update focuses on bug fixes including resolutions to an issue with Screen Time, a fix for Apple Watch auto-unlock, a fix for a VoiceOver issue, and a resolution to a Bluetooth keyboard issue where the keyboard would reconnect slowly upon the Mac waking from sleep. No new features are included, though there is also an addition of a “Sports” feed in the News app.
Separately, Apple has released iOS 16.5 for iPhone, iPadOS 16.5 for iPad, along with updates to watchOS and tvOS. MacOS Monterey 12.6.6 and MacOS Big Sur 11.7.7 are also available for Mac users who are not running Ventura.
How to Download & Install MacOS Ventura 13.4 Update
Before installing any system software update it is a good idea to back up your Mac with Time Machine or your backup method of choice.
- Go to the Apple menu and select “System Settings”
- Select “General”
- Select “Software Update”
- Choose to “Update Now” for macOS Ventura 13.4 to download and install the update
The Mac must reboot to complete installation.
Download MacOS Ventura 13.4 Full Installer
Users can also download a full installer for MacOS Ventura 13.4 directly from Apple, if desired.
MacOS Ventura 13.4 Release Notes
Release notes with MacOS Ventura 13.4 are as follows:
macOS Ventura 13.4 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– Sports feed in the sidebar of Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
– My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games
– Resolves an issue where Auto Unlock with Apple Watch does not log you into your Mac
– Fixes a Bluetooth issue where keyboards connect slowly to Mac after restarting
– Addresses a VoiceOver issue with navigating to landmarks on webpages
– Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
If you have other Apple devices, you will also find updates to iOS 16.5 for iPhone, iPadOS 16.5 for iPad, along with updates to tvOS and watchOS.
HI I am trying to update my macbook pro that is currently oas 10 to the current version. Do I have to pay for this?
No, MacOS updates are always free.
How can I UN-INSTALL Ventura 13.4 and re-install the previous version. 13.4 is verrrryyyyy slow!
If you have a Time Machine backup from MacOS 13.3 you can restore to that. If 13.4 feels slow it’s likely Spotlight and other indexing going on after the update and reboot, it’ll resolve itself if the computer is left on and alone for a while.