How to Watch Apple TV on Xbox One, X, or S
If you have an Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S, and you want to watch Apple TV+ content on the Xbox, you can do so by downloading the official Apple TV app for the Xbox. The Apple TV app will allow you to access and watch Apple TV+ content directly from the Xbox.
Yes, even though Apple makes Apple TV, and Microsoft makes Xbox, the two actually work pretty well together thanks to the app store experience.
How to Install Apple TV App on Xbox X, Xbox S, Xbox One
The Apple TV app is available from the Xbox Store:
- Turn on the Xbox and make sure it is connected to the internet
- From the Xbox home dashboard screen, go to the Microsoft Store
- Search for “Apple TV” and select that, then choose to install and get the Apple TV app
- Once Apple TV downloads to the Xbox, return to the Xbox home dashboard to find the Apple TV app, or navigate to the “My games and apps” section and choose Apple TV from there
- Sign in with your Apple ID
- Enjoy Apple TV, on your Xbox
That’s it, you’re now able to watch your Apple TV content on Xbox.
By the way, while you’re busy intermingling the Apple TV and Xbox experience, remember that you can also go the other direction and use the Xbox controller with your Apple TV, connect the Xbox controller to an iPhone or iPad, or even use Apple Earbud headphones with the Xbox controller.
Apple TV+ is Apple’s streaming content service, and everyone that buys a new Apple device will get three free months of Apple TV+ service, which is more than enough to watch what you’d like to. The service has some popular content, but Apple TV+ has faced criticism for having a smaller and more limited library of content when compared to the megaliths like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount+, and Disney+, whose streaming libraries are massive in comparison. Obviously, over time the Apple TV+ library will expand, and more licensing deals will be made to expand the Apple TV+ catalog. Perhaps one day Apple will partner with Disney for streaming content, given they have other existing business relationships, close executive teams, and personal connections.