MacOS Sonoma 14.1 Update Released for Mac
Apple has released MacOS Sonoma 14.1 for Mac users running the Sonoma operating system. The software update includes a handful of bug fixes and security enhancements, but no significant new features are included. Full release notes are included below.
Separately, Apple has also released iOS 17.1 for iPhone, iPadOS 17.1 for iPad, updates to watchOS, tvOS, HomePodOS, and updates for earlier versions of iOS, iPadOS, and finally, macOS Ventura 13.6.1 and macOS Monterey 12.7.1
How to Download MacOS Sonoma 14.1 Update
Be sure to backup your Mac to Time Machine before beginning the software update. Mac users can access the Sonoma 14.1 download by doing the following:
- Go to the Apple menu
- Go to “System Settings”
- Choose “General”
- Choose “Software Update”
- Click to “Update Now” for MacOS Sonoma 14.1
You’ll have to restart your Mac to finish installation.
macOS Sonoma 14.1 Installer Direct Download
MacOS Sonoma 14.1 IPSW Restore Firmware File
MacOS Sonoma 14.1 Release Notes
Release notes with macOS Sonoma 14.1 are as follows:
This update provides enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates for your Mac including:
• Favorites expanded in Music to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to display your favorites in the library
• Apple warranty status for Mac, AirPods, and Beats headphones and earbuds are available in System Settings
• Fixes an issue where the System Services settings within Location Services may reset
• Fixes an issue that may prevent encrypted external drives from mounting
Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Separately, software updates are available for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV.