Clear Cookies in Safari on a Mac
Knowing how to clear cookies is pretty important for any number of reasons, here’s how to do it on your Mac with the Safari web browser:
Clear Cookies in Safari
Newer versions of Safari on the latest versions of OS X have changed where the setting is:
- Pull down “Safari” menu and click “Preferences” then choose the “Privacy” tab
- Click the “Remove All Website Data” button alongside “Cookies and other website data” and confirm at the popup to delete all cookies
This works in OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion running Safari 5, Safari 6, and later.
Older versions of Safari and older Macs can continue to use the method below:
Clear Cookies in Older Versions of Safari
* From the Safari menu, drop down to ‘Preferences’
* Click the ‘Security’ tab at the top (the lock icon)
* Click the “Show Cookies” button
* From here you can search for site specific cookies if you only want to remove those, or remove all cookies
* Click ‘Done’
That’s all there is to it, now your cookies are cleared in Safari.