The Best iPhone Speakers Dock
“What are the best speakers for the iPhone?”
My sister just got an iPhone and called me from Best Buy asking me about an iPhone speaker dock to plug it into… working with a budget of about $200 I told her to skip the model she was looking at, and save some money by going for the same Altec Lansing T612 set that I have. This recommendation comes directly from personal experience, there may be better ipod speakers out there, especially at a higher price point, but out of the three brands and various models I have direct experience with, the Altec Lansing T612 blew the others away, and its $160 on Amazon.
Here’s why I am recommending the Altec Lansing T612:
* The sound quality beats anything else on the market, especially in the price range
* Airplane mode is not required with the iPhone, meaning keep your phone on, get calls, and have no cellular interference!
* The music automatically pauses when a call comes into your iPhone
* Remote control is fully compatible with speakers, power, volume levels, and iTunes.
* It’s small and lightweight so you can carry it around your house/apartment, into the yard, anywhere there’s a power outlet, plug it in!
* There’s an AUX input port so you can pipe other audio sources into the speakers if you want to
* It’s easily wall mountable
* It charges your iPhone (or iPod touch, or other iPods too)
I can’t recommend this model enough for iPhone users. The problem with many iPod docks when you plug an iPhone into them (assuming the iPhone will even fit) is that they will get massive interference from the cellular network! You’ll get an often constant buzzing sound as the cellular waves interfere with the speakers, this does not happen on the Altec T612 because it is shielded. There is no need to put the iPhone into airplane mode like so many other iPhone Speaker docks require, you can still receive and make phone calls with your phone while it’s plugged in and charging.
Of course since it’s a speaker system, what you want to know is how good it sounds, right? The sound quality on this thing is pretty amazing, it produces rich bass and a crisp sound even though the entire device is relatively small, and it can easily be cranked up very loud to entertain a social gathering or party. In warmer weather I frequently bring the Dock out back and play it into the yard for BBQ’s, it’s plenty loud and sounds great.
Although I use it with my iPhone, it’s actually compatible with far more than just the iPhone and iPod Touch, including all of the following iPod’s: iPod mini; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G; iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch 1G, 2G; iPhone 1G, 3G. This compatibility makes it easy for other people to come over and plug in their iPod to share their music and charge their own devices up.
So that’s my personal recommendation for the best iPhone speakers, and I don’t think there is any real competition anywhere near the price range.
You can get the Altec Lansing T612 Digital Speaker for iPod and iPhone on Amazon for around $160 with free shipping.