New MacBook Pro Design Leaked by Intel?
Could this be the new MacBook Pro? This mysterious Mac-like thin and dark laptop appeared in a recent Intel ad for their new processors. Fueling the speculative fire is that Intel has previously leaked MacBook Pro releases through their advertising efforts. That’s not all though, there’s a few other hints in the advertisement that suggest we just might be looking at a redesigned MacBook Pro, so let’s review them:
- Black Anodized Metal Enclosure – The laptop is all black, what’s that have to do with a Mac? Nothing for sure, but Apple.com recently revamped their website with darker menu bars, maybe this is a hint that we’ll see darker hardware enclosures in the future?
- Next-gen Intel Core Processors – The ad is for Intels new processors, and nearly every rumor about the next MacBook Pro line suggests they will use Intels latest Sandy Bridge Core processors.
- Noticeably Thinner Appearance – All signs point to the next MacBook Pro’s having a thinner enclosure, and the machine pictured certainly does.
- Surfer Imagery – Apple has been using surfing imagery in their marketing for decades, the Intel ad has it. Below is a screenshot from Apple’s existing MacBook Pro website for comparison purposes:
- Aqua Interface Elements – Again referring to the Intel ad and the picture from Apple’s website, the interface elements are very Mac OS X like, with Aqua inspired buttons and sliding bars. There’s even the red/yellow/green traffic lights on the window bars.
- It Looks Like a Mac – If all else failed, the hardware just looks like a Mac, doesn’t it?
This is obviously 100% speculation here, but at the very least, Intel’s advertisement has some Apple inspired elements to it. This ad/image was discovered by 9to5Mac, who also points out that Intel has spilled the Mac beans in the past.
Most rumors peg a new MacBook Pro to be released sometime in the next two months, maybe even alongside a MacBook Air 3G, and most of those rumors suggest the next MacBook Pro will take some design cues from the MacBook Air to become thinner and lighter. But a black case? That would be very different from anything in Apple’s existing lineup.
Could Intel manage such a massive leak? Whatever’s going on here, the laptop in the ad looks pretty fancy, but whether or not it’s a future Mac remains to be seen.