How to Make Phone Calls From Apple Watch
Making calls from your Apple Watch is a great feature that you may use from time to time. Sure, calling from your watch like Dick Tracey probably isn’t something that you’ll be doing too often, but it starts to make a lot more sense when paired like things like AirPods. But even if you’re doing it old school and holding your Watch and wrist to your ear, making a phone call from your watch is easier than you might think.
There are, of course, a couple of different ways to start a new phone call from your Apple Watch. The quickest is to use Siri and simply ask it to make the call for you. But if you don’t like talking to a computer – or don’t trust Siri not to accidentally call your boss at 3am instead of the local fast food joint – there are buttons that can be tapped instead.
We’re going to show you both methods right here. Because of course we are, we like to be thorough!
How to Make a Phone Call Using Siri on Apple Watch
Siri definitely has its problems, but it’s very good at making phone calls for you. Usually.
- Say “Hey Siri” or if you’re using Raise To Speak, raise your watch to your mouth. You can also press and hold the Digital Crown, too.
- Say “Call” and then the name of the person you’re trying to call.
- The full command could be something like “Hey Siri, call Mom”.
The full command might sound something like “Hey Siri, call Mom”. Siri will make the call and you can get on with your conversation.
How to Make a Phone Call from Apple Watch Using the Phone App
You can make calls using the Phone app if you would rather not use Siri and it only takes a few taps.
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to see all of your apps.
- Tap the Phone app.
- Tap “Contacts” and scroll to find the person you want to call. Alternatively, tap “Keypad” to enter a number manually.
- Tap the name once of the person you want to call.
- Tap the Phone icon and then tap the phone number that you want to call.
You can use the Digital Crown to adjust the call volume if needed.
You can make phone calls from your watch regardless of the version of Apple Watch you are using, so long as your iPhone is nearby. Those with cellular Apple Watches can make calls without their iPhone, too. The process for making the call doesn’t change in either situation.
Do you make phone calls from your Apple Watch? What do you think of the feature? If you plan on using this often, having a pair of AirPods Pro or AirPods ready is going to make the experience a lot better.