How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story
Instagram Stories are a popular way for people to share photos and videos of moments throughout their day that are presented in a slideshow. One fun way to customize your Instagram Story posts is to add music to your stories as you add them.
You can add music to both photos or videos in your Instagram Story, and you can choose the portion of the song you’d like to add to the story too. Maybe some specific lyrics are appropriate to the photo or video you’d like to use for example.
Let’s dig into how adding music to your Instagram Story posts works.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story
This is demonstrated on an iPhone but it works the same on Android too:
- From Instagram, go to create a story as usual by tapping on the + icon and choosing Story
- Create your story as usual by adding a video or photo
- Now tap on the square smiley face Sticker button at the top of the screen
- Tap on the Music sticker
- Search for the song you want to add to your Instagram Story and tap on it to select that song to add it to your story
- Use the scrubber timeline at the bottom of the screen to move to the part of the song you want to feature in the Instagram Story, then tap “Done” when finished to post the story
And there you have it, you’ve made an Instagram Story and added your own choice of music playing to it.
You can add music to any and every story, and the selection of music to choose from is quite large. You’ll find everything from modern hits to old tunes, so have fun and search around for what suits you or your story.
This is how you add music directly to an Instagram Story, but you can also record a video while music is playing on your iPhone and post that to Instagram as a Story, or you can still use an old approach to add songs to your instagram stories as well.