How to Show Mac Games Only on Steam
Steam is a very popular gaming platform, but one frustrating thing about browsing Steam on a Mac can be when you find a game you might like, go to check it out, and then discover it’s for Windows only. Why’d you see a Windows only game in the Steam Store when you’re using Steam on a Mac? Perhaps because Steam is cross-platform, supporting not only Mac, but also Windows and even Linux. Nonetheless, that can be a frustrating experience, but fortunately you can easily make Steam
You can change a setting to only display exclusively Mac games within Steam, and the Steam Store, and it makes using Steam a lot better for Mac gamers.
How to See Only Mac Games in Steam & Steam Store
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/preferences from within the Steam app or a web browser
- Scroll all the way down to the Platform Preferences section, and under Operating System where it says “Only show me games which support one of these operating systems:” select “macOS” and make sure Windows and Linux are unchecked
- Return to the Steam Store, where only Mac games will now be shown
Now you can browse Steam games on your Mac, and you will only see Mac games in Steam. Makes sense, right?
You can change the setting to include Windows and Linux at any time if you wish to reverse this, and see Mac, Windows, and Linux games in Steam again.
Adjusting Steam to Only Show Mac Games via Steam Menu
If the above URL approach doesn’t work for you for some reason, you can access the same preferences by doing the following:
- Go to the Steam menu then choose ‘Preferences’
- Select Account
- Choose “Store Preferences”
- Scroll down to “Platform Preferences” and toggle to select “macOS” only
- Go to the Steam Store to see only Mac games
This is demonstrating limiting the Steam experience to only show Mac games, but some Mac users also may want to do the opposite. Showing only Windows games in Steam, or Linux games in Steam, so that they can manage gaming on another computer completely, is another possibility for those who game on a different computer or operating system.
Remember, Steam is a cross-platform gaming service and store. If you have multiple computers with different operating systems, or maybe you have a Mac and a gaming PC, or a Steam Deck, then being able to access and play all of your games from any Mac, Windows PC, or Linux machine, is one of the best aspects of Steam.