Hate Lines at the Apple Store? EasyPay Lets You Self Checkout
If you’re in a hurry, visiting a busy Apple Store for a quick purchase can be the worst part of the experience. With all the store reps tied up with other customers, you can just sit around waiting aimlessly to buy something you already know you want. Apple’s newly updated Store app aims to reduce that wait time, by allowing you to pre-order Apple products for quick in-store pickup, and with some other items, just buy them outright from your iPhone via the apps self checkout EasyPay option, skipping the lines completely.
Install the app on your iPhone, and with eligible store items you use the iPhones camera to scan the bar code and pay directly from your own iPhone with a credit card, no interaction with store personnel is required. Pay and you’re on your way.
For those wondering, the EasyPay portion of the app requires an iPhone 4 or newer due to the higher resolution of the camera used for scanning barcodes.
Here’s the official feature list via the iTunes App Store:
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, plus get signature gift wrapping for select Apple products.
- Buy an iPhone with just a few taps.
- While in an Apple Store, quickly purchase accessories on your own with EasyPay (requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Request help, check in for reservations, and meet up with a Specialist at the store.
- Make Genius Bar and One to One reservations and sign up for workshops and events.
This is a pretty great app for anyone in a time crunch (or for the agoraphobic), hopefully Apple expands the purchasable items list to include even more products.