Supplemental Update 1.0 Released for OS X 10.8.2 and OS X 10.7.5
Apple has issued minor “Supplemental Updates” to both OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion. The small releases focus on resolving a few prominent bugs, though the most noticeable is probably the fix for Lion users who are encountering extraordinarily long waits with Time Machine backups.
The updates are available through Apple menu > Software Update and require a restart.
OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 1.0 (26.6MB)
- Resolves an issue that may cause certain Japanese characters to appear incorrectly in Mail
– Allows Safari to access secure sites when parental controls are enabled
– Addresses an issue that may prevent systems with more than 64 GB of RAM from starting up
– Resolves an issue that may cause DVD Player to unexpectedly quit
OS X 10.7.5 Supplemental Update 1.0 (2.2MB)
- Resolves an issue that may cause Time Machine backups to take a very long time to complete
– Addresses an issue that prevents certain applications signed with a Developer ID from launching
Even if you are not impacted by any of the bugs resolved by either supplemental update, it is recommended to keep system software up to date as part of a general Mac maintenance schedule.