Supplemental Update 1.0 Released for OS X 10.8.2 and OS X 10.7.5

Oct 4, 2012 - 9 Comments

OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 1

Apple has issued minor “Supplemental Updates” to both OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion. The small releases focus on resolving a few prominent bugs, though the most noticeable is probably the fix for Lion users who are encountering extraordinarily long waits with Time Machine backups.

The updates are available through  Apple menu > Software Update and require a restart.

OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 1.0 (26.6MB)

- Resolves an issue that may cause certain Japanese characters to appear incorrectly in Mail
– Allows Safari to access secure sites when parental controls are enabled
– Addresses an issue that may prevent systems with more than 64 GB of RAM from starting up
– Resolves an issue that may cause DVD Player to unexpectedly quit

OS X 10.7.5 Supplemental Update 1.0 (2.2MB)

- Resolves an issue that may cause Time Machine backups to take a very long time to complete
– Addresses an issue that prevents certain applications signed with a Developer ID from launching

Even if you are not impacted by any of the bugs resolved by either supplemental update, it is recommended to keep system software up to date as part of a general Mac maintenance schedule.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Mac OS X, News

1. haymoose says:

Of my three Mac, the iMac will not recognize there are any updates in the MAS. Any thoughts? Is there a ‘combo update’ link you can share?

2. Jonathan says:

My Mac also will not recognize there being updates available and I had asked before (bot got no answer) if since I installed 10.8 from CD and not via a purchase from the app store – does this disable me from seeing updates that are in the app store for 10.8?

3. rjm says:

Is anyone else having problems with spotlight continuously indexing? I’ll notice my CPU tends to shoot up when it happens. It occurs when the console shows this error “mdworker: Unable to talk to lsboxd”

4. mattone says:

@rjm I’m seeing this problem on my wife’s white MacBook (2008). Running 10.7.5, 4GB, 240GB SSD (I recently installed this). In fact, this was the last message in console before the MacBook froze and I had to force a hard reboot. And, this was after a fresh install (nuke & pave) of Lion.

5. Dan says:

I’m still waiting on my time machine backup to finish before updating the 10.7.5