Improve iPad Picture Frame with a Custom Photo Album
Picture Frame is a great feature of iOS on iPad that turns the device into a rotating gallery of images. The iPad Picture Frame app defaults to flipping through all images contained in the Photos camera roll album, but you can improve the experience by creating a custom photo album and setting that as the only source for the gallery, here’s how:
Create the Custom Photo Album for the Picture Frame
- Tap on “Photos” to open the photos app, then tap on the “Albums” tab
- Tap “Edit” and then tap “New Album”, naming it something like “Picture frame”
Now you will want to add photos to your album, remember this album will serve as the picture frame feature of the iPad, so don’t include private photos or anything you wouldn’t want to be cycling through the photo frame.
Adding Photos to the Picture Frame Photo Album
Go through the Camera Roll and add pictures as desired:
- Tap on each photo you want to show in the picture frame
- Tap “Done” when finished filling the album
This process can be repeated at any point after initial album creation by tapping the “Edit” button again.
Setting the Custom Photo Album as the Picture Frame
Now you are ready to set the custom album as the picture frame:
- Go back to the iPad home screen and open “Settings”
- Tap on “Picture Frame” and select “Albums”, then tap on “Camera Roll” to unselect that, and tap on the newly created “Picture frame” album
- Exit out of Settings and return to the lock screen, tap on the flower icon to start Picture Frame with the new gallery
Now Picture Frame won’t bore viewers with screenshots and embarrass you with bad pictures from the Photo Booth app.
If you’re looking for some high res images to show in the picture gallery, don’t miss our recent post with 13 retina iPad wallpapers, or our general wallpapers section in general, they all make for great backgrounds and pleasing eye candy.