Play Fortnite on iPhone with GeForce Now
You can play Fortnite on iPhone again, thanks to the impressive capabilities of GeForce Now. No, the Fortnite app is not back on the App Store for iPhone or iPad, but it is available to play by streaming from the web through Safari and the Geforce Now service, and believe it or not it works pretty well.
You can play Fortnite for free but you’ll have limited game time of an hour, and performance is limited to 1080p, which depending on your network connection may be suitable anyway. Or you can pay for for better performance, unlimited game time, and for access to other games too.
How to Play Fortnite on iPhone with GeForce Now
- Go to play.geforcenow.com in Safari on iPhone
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add GeForce Now to your home screen as a bookmark
- Go to the home screen and launch the Geforce Now web app
- Sign up for a GeForceNow account if you don’t already have one (you can make a free account with the aforementioned limitations)
- Choose Fortnite, and tap Play, and away you go
As long as you have a decent internet connection, you’ll find gameplay is pretty good, even with the limited resolution at the free level. It’s certainly playable.
Whether or not you consider this better than using Xbox, Switch, or another platform to play Fortnite is up to you, but if you’ve been wishing you could play it on your iPhone all over again, this is another solution available.
If this seems familiar, it may be because this has been possible on the Mac and iPad by spoofing the browser user agent, but now it’s officially supported.
And for what it’s worth, you can also play Fortnite on your iPhone or iPad through a web browser with Xbox cloud gaming too. The choice is yours! Have fun and happy gaming.