Run Mac OS X Leopard on a Sony PSP

May 2, 2010 - 10 Comments

Did you know that with DolphinProjects, you can run Mac OS X Leopard on a Sony PSP? Me neither, I think I’ll stick with my hackintosh. Anyway, this might not be the most useful hack in the world, but it is pretty cool. Here are some screen shots, as you can see it is remarkably squished with the PSP’s screen resolution of 480×272, but somehow the DolphinProjects folks managed to make it work (sort of).

mac psp login

mac psp AppleMenu

mac psp MacHD

mac psp Preferences

[ screenshots via QJ Forums ]

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Hackintosh, Mac OS X

1. Iboru says:

Hi,

This isn’t real, i’ve seen few years ago a Windows Vista on PSP. Was amazed but this is actually HTML web page. Just check the size and the contents of zip from their site… ; )

2. […] Run Mac OS X Leopard on a Sony PSP – OS X Daily: […]

3. DNA says:

You can in fact run the real OSX on the PSP.
    I’ve done it.
    But it’s extremely slow!

MacOS 7.1 Runs great though :P

And yes, the pictures above are not of the Real OSX, just a nicely themed interface coded in Lua I believe.

4. […] You can now run Leopard on your PSP, if you so desire – while the proof-of-concept is good, the actual implementation is hindered somewhat by the PSP’s immensely minuscule screen. […]

5. alessandro says:

io ce l’ ho su PSPgo è molto comodo apparte il fatto ke qualke volta ti si incasina prima di entrare mell account

6. alessandro says:

I ‘t I PSPgo is very comfortable apartment on the fact ke sometimes you goof up before you enter the account

7. nelo says:

where you can download it I see it nowhere

8. sigurrr says:

this is not a real OS, its like an app i get it but runs very poor, even u cannot do anything, with itunes but doesnt work (well at the moment i dunno how to put music into it and even i dont know somebody already does)

good to impress some mates but its no functional at all