Horse in the Apple Store

Sep 24, 2010 - 16 Comments

horse in apple store

I did a double-take too. One of our readers sent in this unusual picture of a guy inside an Apple store with a miniature horse (pony?) next to him. The best part about this picture is that everyone else in the store is ignoring it and totally nonchalant.

Maybe the little horse just wanted to check out the latest Apple gear?

Update: As a few commenters pointed out, the pony appears to be a service animal.

Posted by: William Pearson in Fun

1. Joakim says:

At least have the decency to do a quick google and link to the original blog, which I found quite insightful:

2. Mike says:

I noticed that the man is in a wheel chair. That would make the miniature horse a service animal.

3. lorn says:

Are animals allowed in stores?

4. Mikey says:

Service animals are required by law to be permitted in places of business that are open to the public.

5. Skeptic says:

I do not believe this story, a baby horse is not a seeing eye dog. What happens when the horse becomes a full grown beast? Gallop through the shopping mall? Hardly a nimble assistant.

6. [...] allow tiny little Chis onto their premises, even when carried, I just had to share this link… Horse in the Apple Store – OS X Daily [...]

7. StephenG says:

It was probably hungry and wanted an apple

8. Gnuut says:

Service horse? I’d call that total abuse of a well-intentioned law.
    Exactly what function does a horse perform, and who gets to clean up after it when it fouls the floor in this public place?

9. Kristi says:

Yeah, they can have them on airplanes, too. Don’t ask me how I know. When you’re a flight attendant you see…just about everything :)

Just so everyone knows, though, the horse is not wearing the appropriate service handle which is more of a harness for the horse.

And the “guy” who actually looks like a woman…is definitely just sitting on one of the regular black stools. The only “service” miniature horses are considered able to provide is a guide service to the blind. Last I checked most blind people aren’t in wheelchairs :)

10. garry says:

I thinks it’s a genius. lol

11. [...] indeed. An astronaut may not be the strangest thing spotted in an Apple Store though, last year a miniature horse was seen next to a Genius [...]