Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update Released [Download Links]

Feb 1, 2012 - 34 Comments

Mac OS X 10.7.3

Apple has released Mac OS X 10.7.3 to the public, the third minor update to OS X Lion. The update includes bug fixes including a Wi-Fi stability update, and also fixes a handful of other issues that have effected OS X 10.7. The update also includes support for several new languages, and updates Safari to 5.1.3.

Download Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update

You can download Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update through Software Update, it’s about 1GB, or through these download links from Apple:

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Release Notes are below:

What’s included?

The OS X Lion v10.7.3 Update includes Safari 5.1.3 and fixes that:

• Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
  • Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
  • Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
  • Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
  • Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
  • Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
  • Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
  • Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
  • Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras

Directory Services

• Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
  • Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in “.local”
  • Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
  • Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
  • Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the “apple-user-homeDirectory” and “apple-user-homeurl” attributes
  • Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
  • Allow NIS users with MD5-hashed passwords to log in

Posted by: Matt Chan in Mac OS X, News

1. parin says:

When do you people think they are going to release iMessage and Siri for Mac?? I am actually dying for that to be released..

2. HKMacs says:

Is there no Server Admin Tools 10.7.3?

3. Ryan says:

Installed via System Updates and that crashed my system completely. Sh..

4. Baldamore says:

No hiccups here.

5. John says:

Installed the update. First thing my wifi did was drop (quicker than on 10.7.2). Nice FAIL Apple. Better luck on 10.7.4 I guess…

• vsninjak says:

I had a very good wifi connection on 10.7.2 and after upgrading to 7.3 wifi keeps dropping avery few minutes.
      Apple claims that the improved wifi stability on 10.7.3..
      Guess what????

6. racks203 says:

System feels very sluggish after the update, hopefully it’ll get better!

7. Imperial says:

No Problems at all on my Mac Pro 2006 3.0ghz

8. Mitch says:

So does this release fix the intermittent failure to shutdown (and give you the gray screen) forever?

9. Dr_Oh says:

Excellent update apple. I was one of the people that experienced the applications crashes: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3703113?start=0&tstart=0

Then I had the joy of doing a Time Machine Restore from the Recovery partition, during which the computer went to sleep due to inactivity so the restore failed. You seriously didn’t disable system sleep during system restores?!?!?

Lion has been an awesome upgrade apple! Keep up the stellar work. Maybe someday I will upgraded the rest of my machines (you know, when 10.8 comes out).

10. Nick says:

Mine went just fine. about 15-20 minutes (download and install) Everything seems to be working just as it should.

11. Scott says:

I downloaded the combo update and it went perfect. No problems here.

12. Marco says:

Whats the difference between the client update and the client combo update?

Thanks.

• Greg says:

The Combo Updater allows you to upgrade from prior versions of OS X 10.7 and on all Macs. The Client Updater is smaller and goes directly from 10.7.2. Generally the Combo Updater is the safest way to go if you are going to just install things on your own, otherwise use Software Update.

13. [...] Mac OS X 10.7.3 update was just released, and for the vast majority of users the update installed trouble free. But not everyone was so lucky, and a series of problems have cropped up for some users, ranging from being stuck on an endless spinning loop progress indicator, to apps crashing nonstop, to a very bizarre “CUI CUI CUI” error screen filled with question marks (seen below), to other strange behavior. [...]

14. David says:

Count me as one of those with the CUI problem. Amazingly bad update from Apple. I’m never trusting an update again until other folks have tried it for a few days. I can’t afford losing use of my system.

15. fabrizio says:

Very good job Apple: possibly the WORST you have ever done. AntennaGate and Battery Issues are sweets compared to this FAIL.

16. John says:

I got stuck in a login loop after the update. I booted into safe mode and removed TotalFinder. Rebooted and everything was fine.

17. Albert says:

Used the combo update but still crashes system preferences when using smart card reader. I made the mistake of transferring lion back to the main HD; I will re-clone snow leopard back to the main HD using cc cloner. Lion still not ready for the big house yet; it will be banished to the external hard drive yet again!

18. No problems here. I`ve just installed it and it runs (fortunately).

19. Luis says:

Installed last night and have been working with it for some hours now. No problems at all, and internet and network performance actually feel a bit more agile than usual.
    (MBP 13-inch, Late 2011)

20. [...] recently released Mac OS X 10.7.3 update is proving to be a more significant upgrade than originally anticipated, with the update for OS X [...]

21. Burton says:

Just installed it on my macbook air late 2011 model which shipped with Lion! My experience thus far: Smooth download (about 5 min over wifi over (1gb) installer package took about another 5 min to unpack its contents, rebooted, logged in. Macbook Air connected to my wireless faster, theres no visual changes but on safari it feels faster and i’m not getting the lag i had loading pages. In my experience it seems like a good update! I will post back after running it thru its paces but all seems well.

22. Thanh says:

AFTER INSTALLED, THE NTFS VOLUME DISAPPEAR. I HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE RELATED SOFT FOR ACCESSING NTFS VOLUME AGAIN.

23. Philippe says:

Did the update yesterday. Everything went very smoothly. After spotlight finished running, I definitely felt the system was a bit more responsive. It’s still not as fast a SL, but I welcome the improvements nevertheless.

24. aceman says:

No hitch here. MBP 2.4 I5 4 gb.

Went without an issues and seems slightly snappier.

25. apprentice says:

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be (at least) two versions of
    OS X 10.7.3 client update on Apple’s web site???
    The size and SHA1SUM of these two versions are different!!!
    Please see the pictures below.
    Does anyone know what is going on?
    Thanks.

SHA1= 07dfce300f6801eb63d9ac13e0bec84e1862a16c
    Version: 10.7.3
    Post Date: February 01, 2012
    Download ID: DL1484
    License: Update
    File Size: 1.2 GB

SHA1= b8322dbd1f7b55bf35aac4122ad2204c51307793
    Version: 10.7.3
    Post Date: February 01, 2012
    Download ID: DL1484
    License: Update
    File Size: 1.26 GB

26. apprentice says:

Sorry. I forgot to say that the file of size 1.2GB was seen on 02/01, and the one of size 1.26GB was seen today (02/04).

27. [...] Mac OS X 10.7.3 added several new high-dpi interface elements, giving another hint that Apple may be working towards releasing Macs with ‘retina’ displays. [...]

28. sidetracker says:

Just bought a used iMac 20″ with OS 1.7.4

There is no hard drive icon on the desktop. Any suggestions?

29. simon says:

Lion was a waste of money – I wish I could go back to previous version.

30. Karthi says:

I updated to 10.7.3 from 10.7 through mac updater. After complete update i rebooted mac and its not loading. it shows null symbol.
    Any help to resolve this ?
    thanks in advance.