Mac Setups: Desk of an Electrical Engineer & Amateur Photographer
This weeks great Mac setup comes to us from Bob C., an Electrical Design Engineer and amateur photographer who uses his Mac setup for image editing and management. There’s a fair amount of audio equipment mixed in as well:
- MacBook Pro 15″ Retina – Core i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- Apple Cinema Display 24″ connected to the MacBook Pro
- iPhone 5
- Full-sized Apple Keyboard
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Griffin Powermate USB media controller
- M-Audio BX5a 70 watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors
- Mackie 402-VLZ3 4-channel Mixer
- Audio-Technica Pro49QL condenser microphone with AT8615 Desk Stand
- Behringer UCA202 USB Audio Interface (not shown)
- LaCie 256GB Rugged USB 3.0 and Thunderbold, for photo storage (with bright orange rubber bumper removed)
- Segate 1GB USB 3.0 Backup Plus (for Time Machine backup)
- Satechi 4 port USB3 Hub (not shown)
Though the MacBook Pro is shown in clamshell mode, Bob will often have the display open to function as a second monitor, an especially nice prospect given the gorgeous Retina display.
For those wondering, it looks like the camera used to take this great desk shot and accurately capture the lighting is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (found via EXIF data!), presumably that’s the camera that gets most use for photography as well.
Do you have a Mac or Apple setup you want featured in our weekly setup highlight? Send submissions to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can post it on our Facebook page, send it to us there, or over on Google Plus. Please include a good picture or two, a list of hardware, and a brief description of what you use the gear for.