iOS 5 GM Download Available to Developers

Oct 4, 2011 - 32 Comments

iOS 5 GM released

Shadowed in the iPhone 4S news and other Apple announcements today, the iOS 5 GM build 9A334 has been released for developers to download from the iOS Dev Center. Alongside the iOS 5 GM, Apple is requesting for developers to submit their iOS 5 compatible apps to be ready for the public release date of October 12.

As expected, the iOS 5 GM build will run on iPad 2, iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and the 3rd and 4th gen iPod touches. Also pushed to developers today is Mac OS X 10.7.2 GM, which includes iCloud support, which will allow you to sync through iCloud with iOS 5.

You’ll need iTunes 10.5 Beta 7, 8, or 9 to install the GM, and no OTA update is available.

For those who aren’t in the iOS and Mac dev programs, you only have to wait another week or so to get the free official downloads. Unofficially, anyone can install iOS 5 GM since there is no UDID activation, but do so at your own risk.

Posted by: Matt Chan in iPad, iPhone, News

1. LINKY says:

IF you cant get to the servers, more download links are here

2. Moazzam says:

Nice! :)

Wonder if non-devs can sneak in this update.

• Matt says:

The final release is a week away, patience!

• Erik says:

Yes, you can. Plenty of people do it.

• Christopher says:

You said that non- Dev’s can sneak the update? How?

• Jordy says:

iOS 5 GM, doesn’t require a UDID activation, just search iOS 5 gm download and get to a non apple website with download links from filesharing website and download the right file for you device, and then make sure you have the beta iTunes and then plug it in, shift+restore and point it to the gm and your sweet let it install and your all G

3. alex says:

just install itunes 10.5 beta 7 and update with shift+retore and done

4. […] iPhone – October 4th, 2011 – Leave a Comment The just released iOS 5 GM has already been jailbroken by a new version of Redsn0w. All devices that run iOS 5 can use redsnow […]

5. nick says:

If I update my iPad 2 to IOS 5 GM, do I have to put my device in DFU mode?
    I know that I have to use shift+restore=done, but do I have to put in DFU?

6. Bmay says:

The gm update doesn’t check your udid so as long as you can download the iTunes beta you can instal iOS 5.

7. kurt says:

Can somebody confirm that all a non-developer like me has to do is:

Download and install this beta of iTunes. Then connect my iPhone and hold down the Shift key on the Mac and then click Restore in iTunes?

Thanks!

8. Will says:

This is the first of the betas that I haven’t been able to install!

I’ve got iTunes 10.5 beta 9, hold shift and hit restore then it says “There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone “Will’s iPhone”. The requested resource was not found.”

So I’m stuck, any thoughts?

9. Will says:

^^^ Also, I’ve downloaded the iOS 5 GM ipsw

10. iPhonePro says:

R.I.P Steve Jobs!!

11. Tim says:

Update using shift+restore did not work for me. i have itunes 5 b7 and the ios5 gsm pre-release!! it just restored as it normally would!!

any suggestions…..other than waiting!!

12. RedFireBlueFlames says:

i have a verizon iphone 4. when i hit shift+restore. it says the software isnt compatible. ive downloaded and re-downloaded ios 5 gm seed for cdma at least 5 times. it says they are all not compatible. wats wrong with this? how do i fix it?

13. Aux says:

Do i even need iTunes beta version??

14. Justin says:

i try restoring ios 5 with correct itunes version, it gets to the apple screen with loading bar and does nothing, please help

15. Steve says:

I downloaded and installed the GM on an ipad2 and an iPhone 4. Both went just fine and ios5 is up and running on both. BUT – iCloud does not function! It won’t sync calendar across devices, no photo stream, no documents in iWork apps, etc… It’s all signed in and turned on in Settings, but nothing works.cis this just because they haven’t officially launched iCloud, or am I doing something wrong?

16. Edward says:

If you update to iOS 5 gm and you’re not a developer, can you still get the official iOS 5 on Oct. 12th? Thanks!

• Matt says:

Yes, but if you’re already on iOS 5 GM there is no need to update to iOS 5 at the public release, unless of course an update occurs before then and now, which is very unlikely.

17. Edward says:

I know this may be a dumb question but is this update the exact same as the one that’s coming out on the 12th?

18. Kim says:

I can’t move the split keyboard on my iPad 2 running iOS 5 GM. Is anyone also experiencing this?

WIll this be resolved during the official iOS 5 launch? :/

19. ISH says:

can i update to GM n then update via iTunes for the official version ??