Mac Setups: Project Manager’s iMac
Yes, back by popular demand are Mac Setups posts! After a lengthy multi-month hiatus, we are going to start covering weekly Mac and Apple setup posts again, so get your desks ready, cameras out, answer a few questions about what you do, and send us your submissions!
To kick things off again, we’re starting with the nice and clean desk setup of Jason B., an ICT Projects Manager who relies on his iMac to get the job done. Hardware shown on this desk includes:
- iMac 21.5″ Core i7 – runs OS X & OS X Server, and Windows 8 via Parallels
- iPad 4 32GB
- iPhone 4S 16GB for work
- iPhone 5 64GB for personal
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Apple Magic Mouse
- 2TB Time Machine backup drive
- Airport Extreme router
For those interested, the screen saver running on the iMac is called Fliqlo and is freely available from here, it continues to work in OS X Mavericks but does require the Flash plugin to be installed.
Send us your Mac desks & Apple setups!
Do you have an Apple setup or Mac desk you want to share? We want to see them! Take a good picture or two (the better quality the picture the more likely it will be posted), include a brief list of hardware visible along with what you use the Apple gear for, and send it all over to our group box at: firstname.lastname@example.org – better yet, answer the following questions so that we can help turn this into a more informative series:
- What hardware does your current Mac / Apple setup consist of? Is there a specific reason you chose that setup?
- What do you use your Apple gear for? Java development? Working on your bachelors? Video editing? Criticizing OSXDaily.com Mac setups posts? Everything? Let us all know what you do!
- What apps do you use most often? What apps could you not do without? Do you have a favorite app for Mac or for iOS?
- Do you have any Apple tips, productivity tricks, life hacks, or otherwise helpful information you want to share with others?
We may edit answers and photos submitted as appropriate. We also default to include only a posters first name and last initial only.
Thanks to our Facebook fans who resoundingly voted “yes” to bring these back, if you have any comments or suggestions let us know!